This training session consists of a comprehensive deep self massage of each part of the body. Using the fingertips, knuckles, thumbs, elbows and back of the hands.The intention is to clear out and neutralise both the physical and psychological effects of accumulated traumatic experiences. Self Deep Massage releases somato-psychic-emotional blockages, allowing the body-mind-emotions to return to their natural state of energetic flow and vitality.
The Webinar is divided into 5 parts:
1.Ocular & Oral belt (30 min)
- Learn to work with the face and head.
- Learn the functional Deep Self Massage on the face and cranium.
- Incorporating a treatment plan for headaches and jaw pain.
- Massage and restore the natural movement and vitality of the scalp, forehead,
eyebrows, eye sockets, cheek bones, nose, corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth, chin, jaw, ears.
2.Cervical belt (30 min)
- Learn to work with the neck and shoulders.
- Learn the functional Deep Self Massage on the neck.
- When we open the neck and face our expression is clearer and more honest.
- Releasing neck pain.
3.Thoracic belt, including shoulders, arms and hands (60 min)
- Releasing the forearm in all directions.
- Releasing the extensors of the arm.
- Working the flexor of the arm.
- Releasing the wrist and hand.
- Opening the palm.
- By opening the chest with Deep Self Massage we learn to breathe in an open, relaxed way.
4.Abdominal and Diaphragmatic Segment (30 min)
- Releasing fear of breathing and assimilating, taking in ideas and feeling deep emotions
- Opening the lower rib cage and diaphragm muscle.
- Massaging superficial layers of the abdominal region.
- Deep bodywork on the Solar Plexus and Illiopsoas.
- The importance of the psoas muscle and its relationship to trauma
5.Pelvic belt, including legs and feet (60 min)
- Learn to find, palpate and treat the relevant core myofascia and skeletal anatomy including: gluteus maximus, medius and minims. The six deep lateral rotators, the abductor and adductor groups and the iliopsoas.
- Pelvic joints and their response in posture, breathing.
- The role of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles in the breath
- The role of the ‘psoas complex’ in setting the stage for the whole-body’s breathing
- Pelvic floor release and integration
- Assessing and treating sacral ,pelvic and lower back pain.
Topics covered in this webinar
- Anatomy & physiology for seven belts
- Self bodywork for seven belts
- Use of different types of self bodywork
- Explanation of the fascial network
- The importance of the Iliopsoas muscle and its relationship to trauma
You need to have a lubricant/cream, as we will sometimes do sliding movements over the skin.
Your nails need to be fairly short.