Traumatic events are unfortunately a part of nearly everyone’s life. To be of most benefit to those we work with, we must understand the physiological & psychological effects of trauma. This series isis meant for anyone wanting to understand their own mind and body better, as well as those who work with people such as yoga teachers, therapists, body workers and breath therapists. Itis part of the required curriculum for BBTRS students. To aid you in learning a PDF copy of the slides used in the webinar are included in your download. Also included in the download is a short quiz that anyone seeking CE credits through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) needs to complete and return by email. The quiz is not intended for BBTRS students.
Topics covered in the webinar are
- Overview of different types of trauma
- Interpersonal neurobiology and physiology of attachment
- Hypothalamis-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, opioids, and adrenal fatigue
- The polyvagal theory and the activation cycle of social engagement strategies, orienting, fight/flight, freeze/collapse and deactivation
- Manifestations of traumatic stress
- Trauma and memory
Special attention will be paid to emotional and somatic disorders commonly seen among people suffering from trauma, e.g., addiction, anxiety, panic, anger, chronic pain, chronic stress, depression, dissociation, attention (ADD, ADHD).
This product consists of a download of 3 webinar recordings as standard video files (MP4-format) and 3 webinar handouts in PDF-format, one handout for each recording. The webinar recordings are 4 hours in total.
Buy 3 webinars and get 10% discount.