Feb 04 - Feb 15, 2018
This lush rainforest environment, teaming with animal and bird life provides an incredible setting for our next BioDynamic Breath & Trauma Release Retreat. This time we’re offering you a holiday with a purpose. A unique opportunity to discover world class rainforests and pristine ocean eco-sysytems. Our aim and hope beyond this is to impart some of the age old qualities and traditions of world cultures of which we at BioDynamic Breath & Trauma Release Institute have been lucky enough to experience. Our belief is that the vital and important relationship between these ancient world traditions and the primacy of nature can enliven, heal and rejuvenate mind, body and spirit! This retreat will be very unique and special. We will be combining BioDynamic Breath & Trauma Release sessions with age old tradition of the Amazonian rain forest medicine. We have experimented with this combination in the past and the results we have experienced are nothing short of incredible! The degree of healing and expansion that takes place on many levels is simply remarkable.
Photos from one of our trainings in Costa Rica
The highlights of this retreat and price will include
- BioDynamic Breath & Trauma Release sessions
- Daily meditations
- 3 Sunrise Renewal Ceremonies with Amazonian Rain Forest Medicine to cleanse and prepare our bodies for full night journey
- Full night Amazonian Shamanic Medicine Journey facilitated by our host professor ethnobotanist and author Jonathan Miller (Ecuador, USA)
- Daily group processes
- Group sharings
- Cacao Ceremony
- Trance Dance Journey
- Guided nature tours and experiences to enhance your program. These include: Rio Claro canoe trip; an interpreted tour of Guaria De Osa’s Ethnobotanical Gardens; a presentation on cultural and biological diversity; and a transfer route via the river town of Sierpe to experience the most intact mangrove reserve in tropical America.
- Three daily delicious meals with vegetarian options
- 11 nights stay at Guaria De Osa Eco-Lodge
- Domestic group bus transportation from San Jose to Osa Peninsula
- Domestic return flight from Osa Peninsula to San Jose
- Osa Peninsula round trip marine transfer to/from the venue
Proceeds from your fees channeled to non-profit Fundación OSA rainforest conservation in the Ecuadorian Andes & Amazon and our marine turtle rescue project on the Osa Peninsula In addition Guaria de Osa is located in “The Little Amazon by the Sea” – home of one of the great stands of Central American Tropical Rainforests, where wilderness coast and paradise beaches borders a sparkling and pristine Pacific Ocean. Our retreat location is in the heart of the Osa Peninsula endorsed by National Geographic as the most biologically intense place on Earth!
- “Our front yard” – 1 1/4 mile long secluded coconut laden tropical beach
- “Our back yard” – pristine rainforest
- Important Scarlet Macaw nesting site
- Exuberant Ethnobotanical Gardens
- Abundant Wildlife
- Pristine Pacific Ocean
- Neighboring Corcovado National Park and Caño Island Oceanic Reserve
- Beach rainforest trekking
- On site birding, monkey viewing and nature adoration
- Ocean swim, snorkel, boogie board and surf
- Marine turtle nesting site
- Rest, Relax and recharge!
Other activities available at extra cost
- Guaria de Osa offers a multitude of nature tours with expert naturalist guides to amazing locations
- SCUBA or snorkel at Caño Island Oceanic Reserve
- Canopy Zipline
- Corcovado National Park Tour
- Horseback riding
- Dolphin and Whale Encounters
- Ocean and River Kayak and Canoeing
- Deep Jungle Explorations
The Osa Peninsula remains Costa Rica’s last wild frontier even twenty-five years after its first national park – Corcovado – was created in the peninsula. The Osa Peninsula is also called “The Little Amazon” of Costa Rica. With pristine beaches and virgin forest, the Osa Peninsula is described by National Geographic as “The most biologically intense place on Earth.” This description is a reference to the incredible abundance of wildlife on the Osa Peninsula – not only in it’s rainforests, but in it’s surrounding marine environment as well. Without a doubt, the most unique area in all of Costa Rica, the Osa is a place where Jaguars still roam the jungle and Scarlet Macaws fly around in the towns and campesinos from the mountains still ride a horse – something you will rarely see anywhere else in the country.