Nov 25 - Dec 02, 2017
BioDynamic Breath is built on a new approach to Trauma Release, utilizing breath, conscious movement, sound, touch, and non-cathartic emotional release techniques as its foundation. This training is designed to break through the many layers of body armoring, releasing mental, emotional and physical resistance down to your core. BioDynamic Breath & Trauma Release enables you to experience the full range of sensations and emotions available as a human being, while expanding your capacity to contain and support the free flow of life-force energy.
- Anatomy of breath
- Physiology of trauma
- Body armoring by body segments (releasing 7 belts of tension: eyes and forehead, throat, shoulders & arms, chest, diaphragm, abdomen, pelvis)Fundamentals of grounding work and bio-energetic exercises
- BioDynamic breathwork sessions & techniques
- Foundation of Somatic Experiencing (Trauma Release)
- Myofascial Unwinding (a connective tissue release modality)
- Trauma Release & Tension Release Exercises (TRE)
- Cultivating the inner space required to support a BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma Release session
- Bodywork and Conscious Touch techniques
- Acupressure points to support energetic release during breathwork sessions
- Active and other meditation techniques to support well-being and integration of BioDynamic Breathwork & Trauma release session
- Using sound & vibrational healing as an emerging field within trauma release
- Connecting with and using the surrounding energetic & vibrational field of Mago Retreat Center, Sedona, Arizona
During painful or traumatic events we lose our connection to feeling and the sense of being grounded, resulting in tension, numbness, and a disconnect from the universal life force energy (Prana or Qi). Supported by the surrounding beauty and powerful energetic field of Sedona you will begin to master the art of moving deeply into your body, facilitating the release of stored trauma with skill and sensitivity.
During these 8 days we will create a “safe container”: a feeling of safety in your physical body. This “container” makes trauma release possible and allows you to feel your full unrestricted energy flow without being overwhelmed by it. Working with breath techniques and movement, we begin to unlock and release the tension patterns held within the nervous and muscular systems. You will how to complete your body’s interrupted “Fight or Flight” impulse as well as come out of the “Frozen” and “Disassociated” states caused by past traumatic events. In addition we have the special opportunity to work with Sedona’s magnetic vortexes used by Native American healers for millennia to facilitate further healing and transformation. Our unique approach also utilizes sound (thru gong, didjeridoo, and drums) as medicine to increase the vibrational frequency of our body and promote healing. This work provides restructuring at a cellular level, supporting the opening of the spine and ultimately transforming you into an increasingly present, conscious, and joyous being.