Basics for both new courses
- Like the traditional course, both new routes lead to BBTRS practitioner certification. Please note, while the online-only course does not certify a practitioner to work in-person with clients, it allows a new, virtual application of BBTRS.
- Virtual sessions allow for a flexible training structure. Completion of the BBTRS practitioner certification can be accomplished over a period of approx 9 to 18 months (or longer, if needed).
- The virtual aspect maintains the fully experiential nature of the BBTRS modality and training, and equips students with all the skills to safely deliver BBTRS sessions, whether in-person or online.
- Like the traditional hands-on, in-person training, these offerings support the same deeply held process of exploration, individual learning, and integration of one’s own trauma.
- All courses are taught by a team of world-class senior facilitators.
- New offerings combine live, virtual teaching hours with regular practice and exchange sessions (both between students and with members of the public), on-going mentoring and Q&A sessions with facilitators and mentors, virtual social spaces, four mandatory webinars, and required reading material on Trauma, Breathwork, Bodywork.
Not need a certification?
Please remember: All in-person training workshops around the world can be attended on a purely experiential basis without obligation to enter into the practitioner certification training or the online course. Find out more about our in-person workshops here.
NEW! 100% Online Course
- 260 total training hours, including online meetings and mandatory assignments
- Teaching contents (total of 20 days @ 5hrs each) delivered through 3 online Zoom modules.
- The online modules are scheduled over several weekends, spanning 7-8 months.
- The virtual track uses self-bodywork techniques to bring awareness to body-stored trauma and how to safely guide clients online through a process of somatic release.
- This track also enables coaches, therapists, and other psychosomatic (mind-body) practitioners to add BBTRS-based skills to their sessions.
- Making the most of the virtual platform, this course includes 4 mandatory webinars on Trauma, Breathwork, Bodywork; a number of session exchanges among students; mandatory online or in-person sessions with a mentor from our team; mentoring and regular Q&A sessions with facilitators and mentors; personal sharing with other students; and a social media student community platform.
- Students who wish to be certified also must conduct a minimum of 70 documented practice sessions.
- Upon completion, the trainee becomes certified as a BBTRS Online Practitioner and is authorized to give virtual BBTRS sessions. Please note, this track DOES NOT certify trainees to give in-person BBTRS sessions or to call themselves Certified BBTRS Practitioners.
NEW! Combined Online/In-Person Course
- Building on the Online Course—260 hours of training content—the combined course adds 2 in-person training workshops. (In comparison, the traditional course requires 4 in-person workshops).
- The first in-person training workshop can be taken either BEFORE entering the 8-month online course or during the course. The second in-person training workshop must be taken after completing the online course.
- Students who start with the online course can later add the in-person workshops to increase their level of certification.
- The in-person attendance can be fulfilled at any of the beautiful, worldwide locations where we offer our training workshops.
- Any in-person training workshop can serve as an entry point into the practitioner route for those who choose to study BBTRS at certification level.
- Upon completion, the trainee becomes a fully certified BBTRS Practitioner, authorized to give both in-person and online sessions to the public.
Fall 2020 Schedule
- The first intake of students into the new online course will start in September, with a training schedule to suit US & European time zones.
- The second cohort will begin at the end of October for Australasian & US time zones.
- Please note: the time zones for both intakes will suit the US, so both options are available for US students.
- In-person training workshops are currently scheduled across all regions for Fall 2020 and 2021. We hope to be able to proceed with all the scheduled training workshops, circumstances allowing.