BBTRS Practitioner Certification Training Online & In-person
People around the world are learning to work, learn, and interact online. Over the past few years, we have developed BBTRS as a continuously evolving modality—one that can flex and evolve with the times. In order to train practitioners in the safest and most effective ways, we have fine-tuned the traditional in-person BBTRS practice to be delivered online, as well. We are thrilled to now offer two training routes that augment our traditional in-person offerings:
- The 100% online course
- The combined online/in-person course.
The next Online Course starts in March 2021
Adding a virtual component to the BBTRS training modules allows students and practitioners from across the globe to participate, even if they cannot reach our physical training workshops. Therefore, no matter where you are—or what your social distancing comfort level might be—there is a protocol that will work for you!
Basics for both courses
- Both routes lead to BBTRS practitioner certification. Please note, while the online-only course does not certify a practitioner to work in-person with clients, it allows a new, virtual application of BBTRS.
- Virtual sessions allow for a flexible training structure. Completion of the full BBTRS practitioner certification can be accomplished over a period of approx 9 to 18 months (or longer, if needed).
- The virtual aspect maintains the fully experiential nature of the BBTRS modality and training, and equips students with all the skills to safely deliver BBTRS sessions, whether in-person or online.
- Like the traditional hands-on, in-person training, these offerings support the same deeply held process of exploration, individual learning, and integration of one’s own trauma.
- All courses are taught by a team of world-class senior facilitators.
- New offerings combine live, virtual teaching hours with regular practice and exchange sessions (both between students and with members of the public), on-going mentoring and Q&A sessions with facilitators and mentors, virtual social spaces, four mandatory webinars, and required reading material on Trauma, Breathwork, Bodywork.
Want to participate just for yourself without becoming a practitioner?
Please remember: All in-person training workshops around the world can be attended on a purely experiential basis without obligation to enter into the practitioner certification training or the online course. Find out more about our in-person workshops here.
100% Online Course
- 260 total training hours, including online meetings and mandatory assignments
- Teaching contents (total of 20 days @ 5 or 6 hrs each) delivered through 3 online Zoom modules.
- The online modules are scheduled over several weekends, spanning 6 months.
- The virtual track uses self-bodywork techniques to bring awareness to body-stored trauma and how to safely guide clients online through a process of somatic release.
- This track also enables coaches, therapists, and other psychosomatic (mind-body) practitioners to add BBTRS-based skills to their sessions.
- Making the most of the virtual platform, this course includes 4 mandatory webinars on Trauma, Breathwork, Bodywork; a number of session exchanges among students; mandatory online or in-person sessions with a mentor from our team; mentoring and regular Q&A sessions with facilitators and mentors; personal sharing with other students; and a social media student community platform.
- Students who wish to be certified also must conduct a minimum of 35 documented practice sessions.
- Upon completion, the trainee becomes certified as a BBTRS Online Practitioner and is authorized to give virtual BBTRS sessions. Please note, this track DOES NOT certify trainees to give in-person BBTRS sessions or to call themselves Certified BBTRS Practitioners.
Combined Online/In-Person Course
- Building on the Online Course—260 hours of training content—the combined course adds 2 in-person training workshops.
- The first in-person training workshop can be taken either BEFORE entering the 6-month online course or during the course. The second in-person training workshop must be taken after completing the online course.
- Students who start with the online course can later add the in-person workshops to increase their level of certification.
- The in-person attendance can be fulfilled at any of the beautiful, worldwide locations where we offer our training workshops.
- Any in-person training workshop can serve as an entry point into the practitioner route for those who choose to study BBTRS at certification level.
- Upon completion, the trainee becomes a fully certified BBTRS Practitioner, authorized to give both in-person and online sessions to the public.
Schedule for 6-month Online Course starting March 2021
The schedule for this Online Course is designed to accommodate participants in US & European time zones.
Given the current global situation and its potential financial impact, we are offering the online training at two price levels with flexible payments. Costs are based on a sliding scale of income, which is applied using the honor system. For BBTRS to continue to support its students worldwide, we love for students who can afford it, to pay the regular price.
Online course, paid in one lump fee or across 6 months, in a payment plan:
- Regular price / standard income $4,370*
- Low income / impacted by COVID – $3,430*
- 50% to be paid by start of the online course
- 25% to be paid prior to commencing module 2
- 25% to be paid prior to commencing module 3
If paid in full upfront, a 10% reduction applies to all prices
- Regular: $3,930*
- Low: $3,090*
All stated priced include a 4% payment processing fee.
2020 End-of-year Special
All applicants for the March 2021 Online Course who pay in full by December 31, 2020 receive an additional 5% off as a gift from us to celebrate the end of this extraordinary year!
*All students are required to take 6 sessions with one of our mentors, priced at $110/session, as part of the certification. This is not included in the price of the online course and is payable to the respective mentor upon booking.
Students who choose to study for the full practitioner certification training are required to attend two 8- or 12-day, in-person workshops at any worldwide location, priced at $1,800-$2,300/workshop + food/accommodations (≈ $300-950/workshop). These workshops are NOT included in the price of the online course; these additional fees are payable on registration for any chosen workshop.
The Institute’s Faculty & Guest Teachers
Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Licensed Acupuncturist, Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner
Testimonials from Participants
Upcoming Training Workshops
A life-changing Path
This is a list of people who have taken the professional path with the BBTRS System. Please select a name to see the details.
Our Accrediting Partners
Our BBTRS Practitioner Certification Program is the most widely recognized professional breathwork facilitator training in the market. It meets or exceeds the standards of these affiliated organizations and accrediting bodies for minimum required hours:
Australian Breathwork Association, National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, International Breathwork Foundation, Global Professional Breathwork Alliance