BBTRS Online Training Curriculum
Total training hours, including online meetings and mandatory assignments = 260 hours
MODULE 1 — 3 x weekend units, scheduled over 6 weeks
MODULE 2 — 9 x 1-day units, scheduled over alternating weekends
MODULE 3 — 1 x 4-days unit, scheduled Fri – Mon
Over the course of the program:
- Students learn the theory and experience practical/embodied guided individual and partnered exercises.
Experience guided group BBTRS session(s).
- Students attend regular ‘Family group’ meetings with other students in between teaching units. Each family group will have an assigned mentor to support space holding, active listening and answering modality related questions.
- Regular group sharing sessions & Q&A with facilitators in between teaching units.
- Mandatory 21-days meditation challenge per module.
- Students must receive minimum 2 x individual sessions per module with a mentor.
- Partnered and individual practice homework assignments based on fundamentals of BBTRS
- Mandatory webinars: Anatomy of Breath, Understanding Trauma, Self Body Work & Reichian Character Structures.
- 100+ page BBTRS Training Manual & Giten’s book Feel to Heal
MODULE 1 — FOUNDATIONAL MODULE
3 x Weekend units + 2 hrs intro evening before 1st weekend, scheduled over 6 weeks
Total teaching hours = 40.5 hours
Total assignment hours = 40.5 hours
Total module 1 hours = 81 hours.
Unit 1 – “SELF-DISCOVERY THROUGH BREATH”
Fully experiential trauma release workshop
1 intro evening (2 hours) + 1st weekend
12 hours screen time
- Experiencing the foundational basics of BBTRS, including the first experience of a group BBTRS session
- Identifying how and where bodily tension is stored — essential to understanding the “belts of tension” and how to target release throughout the body
Unit 2 & 3 – “FUNDAMENTALS OF BBTRS”
4 DAYS, taught over the 2nd and 3rd weekends
12 hours screen time each weekend
- Includes 6 elements of BBTRS, a basic understanding of meditation, and introduction to primary elements of breathwork and bodywork used in BBTRS (i.e.: felt sense, pendulation)
- Practical logistics and realities explained, including contraindications and setting up the work space
MODULE 1 – Itemization of total engagement hours, including assignments:
- 2 x Webinars (‘Anatomy & Physiology of Breath” & ‘Understanding Trauma’), to be completed prior to starting module 1 = 6.5 hours
- ‘Self-discovery through Breath’ Experiential workshop =10 hours
- ‘Fundamentals of BBTRS’ = 16 hours
- 3 x family group meetings: 2 x personal sharing and 1 x Q&A/group exercises with mentor = 3 hour
- 1 x group Q&A = 1.5-hours
- 1 x group personal sharing = 1.5-hour minimum (time depends on the amount of people in the group)
- 2 x individual sessions with a mentor = 3 hours
- 2 x session exchanges with other students = 4 hours minimum
- 21 days meditation challenge = 21 hours
MODULE 2 — BELTS OF TENSION
9 x 1-day units, scheduled over alternating weekends
Total teaching hours = 62 hours
Total assignment hours = 66 hours
Total module hours including assignments = 128 hours
- The 7 Belts of tension are specific areas in the body, roughly correlating to the chakras, where tension commonly resides; each one will be taught individually in this module
Itemization of total engagement hours, including assignments:
- 9 x 1-day teaching units
- 2 x Webinars (‘Self Body Work’ & ‘Reichian Character Structures’). These need to be completed before the commencement of the Module 2. = 9.5 hrs.
- 8 x family group meetings = 8 hrs.
- 2 x group personal sharing = 3 hour minimum (time depends on amount of people in the group)
- 2 x individual sessions professionally received = 3 hours
- 7 x session exchanges with other students = 21 hours minimum
- 21 days meditation challenge = 21 hours
MODULE 3 — BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
1 x 4-days unit, scheduled Fri – Mon
Total teaching hours = 26 hours
Total assignment hours = 25 hours
Total module hours including homework = 51 hours
Module 3 will include:
- In-person small group breath sessions/workshops facilitation skills & techniques
- Online group breath sessions/workshops facilitation skills & techniques
- Language & Listening skills
- Use of music and sound to support individual and group sessions
- Principles of confidentiality & Creating safe practice for self and client
- Self-marketing and promotion of your practice
- Conscious movement
- Experience of guided group BBTRS sessions
- Family group meetings
- Group sharing & Q&A sessions
- Final session exchange for evaluation
- Mandatory 21-days meditation challenge
- 2 x individual sessions with a mentor