The Full BBTRS Practitioner Certification Program comprises a 6-month 270-hrs Online Training Course, in addition to 2 x 8- or 11-day in-person BBTRS Training Workshops at any worldwide training location.
The total number of hours for BBTRS practitioner certification, including online course, workshop hours, assignments & practice sessions is therefore a minimum of 460 hours, making the BBTRI Practitioner Certification Program the most thorough and extensive breathwork practitioner training available.
BBTRS Online Training Curriculum (270 hrs)
Over the course of the program:
- Students learn the theory and experience practical/embodied guided individual and partnered exercises.
- Students attend regular ‘Buddy Pod’ meetings with other students in between teaching units. Each buddy pod will have an assigned mentor to support space holding, active listening and answering modality related questions.
- Regular group sharing sessions & Q&A with facilitators in between teaching units.
- Mandatory 21-days meditation challenge in modules 1 & 2.
- Students must receive 4 x individual sessions with a mentor (additional cost $110/session)
- Partnered and individual practice homework assignments based on fundamentals of BBTRS
- Mandatory webinars: Anatomy of Breath, Understanding Trauma, Self Body Work & Reichian Character Structures.
- 100+ page BBTRS Training Manual & Giten Tonkov’s book Feel to Heal
MODULE 1 — Foundational Module
- Experience the foundational basics of BBTRS, including the first experience of a group BBTRS session as well as 7-part Breathe To Feel & Heal home-practice course
- Identify how and where bodily tension is stored — essential to understanding the “belts of tension” and how to target release throughout the body
- Includes 6 Elements of BBTRS, a basic understanding of meditation, and introduction to primary elements of breathwork and bodywork used in BBTRS (i.e.: felt sense, resourcing, pendulation)
- Practical logistics and realities explained, including contraindications and setting up the work space
4 teaching days @ 6 hrs / day = 24 hrs
7 hrs Breathe To Feel & Heal Home-Practice Course = 7 hrs
Additional (Practitioner Route) study time 67 hrs
3 x Session Exchanges @ 90 mins = 9 hrs
1 x Group Q&A = 1.5 hrs
21 Days Meditation = 21 hrs
Study Time (BBTRS Book & Manual) = 20 hrs
Webinars = 15.5 hrs
Total hours Module 1 (Practitioner Route): 98
MODULE 2 — Practitioner Module
- Deepening of the 7 Belts of Tension, with hand-on techniques and practice sessions for working with the belts; each belt will be taught individually in this module
- At Level 2, students begin to offer practice sessions to family and friends. A minimum of 35 practice sessions is required for certification
6 days @ 6 hrs / day + Intro Evening 2.5 hrs = 38.5 hrs
7 x Recorded Study Sessions = 7 hrs
3 x Buddy Pod Meetings = 3 hrs
2 x Group Sharing = 3 hrs
5 x Session Exchanges @ 90 mins = 15 hrs
21 Days Meditation = 21 hrs
3 x Mentor Sessions @ 90 mins = 4.5 hours (additional $110/each)
Total hours Module 2: 92
MODULE 3 — Certification Module
- Introduction to in-person small group breath sessions/workshops facilitation skills & techniques
- Online group breath sessions/workshops facilitation skills & techniques
- Language & Listening skills
- Use of music and sound to support individual and group sessions
- Principles of confidentiality & creating safe practice for self and client
- Self-marketing and promotion to build a thriving breathwork practice
- Upon completion of Module 3, students are required to submit documentation for their 35 practice sessions and attend three monthly Mentor Meetings in order to be certified for online BBTRS sessions
4 days @ 5 hrs / day = 20 hrs
1 x Buddy Pod = 1 hr
3 x Mentor Groups (monthly after completion of Module 3) = 6 hrs
1 x Mentor Session = 1.5 hrs
35 x Practice Sessions @ 90 mins (to be completed btw Module 2 + 3) = 52.5
Total hours Module 3: 81
Full BBTRS Practitioner Certification (460+ hrs)
In order to be certified to give both in-person and online BBTRS sessions, students are required to attend at least 2 8- or 11-day BBTRS training workshops at any worldwide location. In our training workshops, students learn to apply all principles of BBTRS as taught in the Online course to in-person work, as well as the specific skills and bodywork techniques required for in-person work.
For best results, it is our suggestion that the first in-person workshop be taken either before starting the Online Course, or anytime during the Online Course and the second in-person workshop be attended during or after completing the Online Course. If, however this can not be accomplished, it is okay to take both in-person workshops after the Online Course.
Students are required to complete an additional 35 in-person practice sessions in order to become fully certified.
Both workshops and Online course (incl practice sessions) should be completed within 18 months.